The Clarke County Historical Association (CCHA) invites artists working in a variety of media to submit applications for our juried Fall 2018 Art at the Mill! (Media accepted shall be original, non-reproduceable work not previously shown at the mill. We accept paintings, 2D, 3D functional and aesthetic, such as sculpture. No photography or digitalized images.)
Our exhibition offers emerging and established artists the opportunity to showcase their talents and latest works. We are committed to organizing and promoting “excellence in art” and offering a distinguished platform for all selected artists.
We look forward to your participation in Art at the Mill!
The CCHA Art at the Mill Team
How to Register - FOR NEW USERS:
- Click the blue button (link) at the top right of the screen that says “Register.”
- Create an account/user profile, including a password. Keep this info for future logons.
- Once logged in, you will see “My Application Page.” EACH piece of artwork is a separate submission.
- Upload your entries/images.
- You MUST click on blue button: COMPLETE AND VIEW ENTRY
- Check to see that all information is accurate, and the image successfully uploaded. To resize an image, watch the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLfrF2x_OA. (Cut and paste the web address.)
- The $35 non-refundable registration fee is processed through a secure payment system using Visa or MasterCard. The fee covers up to 7 entries, of which up to 5 may be selected. (3D functional art may submit up to 14 entries. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the access code.)
- Continue to follow instructions on this page.
How to Login - IF YOU HAVE ENTERED PREVIOUS SHOW:
- Click on the green Login button at the top right of the screen
- Enter your: Email address and Password in space provided
- Click the Login button below Password.
If you have a problem with or can’t remember your password, click Forgot Password?
and instructions will be emailed to you.
Once you are logged in, you may begin entering your submissions by clicking on the Add New Submission button.
A screen will display with fields for each piece
Make sure you click Submit Entry Details button at bottom.
Next you will add your image file for each piece of work.
Selection process and artist notification:
The artistic work submitted by each artist is juried based upon the following criteria:
How well the images represent a point of view
Design, vision, creativity, originality
Technique, skill, degree of difficulty, mastery of materials used
The Clarke County Historical Association (CCHA) is a non-profit dedicated to preserving the history of Clarke County, including the Burwell-Morgan Mill. CCHA hosts and administers Art at the Mill.
CCHA receives 35% of the sales price of each piece, which helps fund the continued maintenance and operation of the Burwell-Morgan Mill and the Historical Association as well as the Sarah P. Trumbower Memorial Art Scholarship given annually to a Clarke County student who is pursuing a degree in art. The artist receives 65% of the sale price.
2018 FALL SCHEDULE
ArtCall Open for Submissions: July 9 through August 15
Registration Deadline: Registrations close Wednesday, August 15 @ 5 pm
Artist notified of Jury selection: by end of August
Art Check-In: Saturday & Sunday, September 8 & 9: 12-4 pm
Label all piece with your name and title of the work. 2D and paintings must be framed, and ready to hang with screw eye hooks/wire.
Show Opens: September 29
Artist & Volunteer Reception: October 7 from 3-5pm
Show closes: October 14
Art Pick-Up: Friday, October 19 from 12-4 pm and Saturday, October 20 from 10 am - 2 pm
Any artwork unclaimed after thirty (30) days following the conclusion of Art Pick-Up will become the property of the Clarke County Historical Association (CCHA).